There are over 160 million Harry Potter fans in the world, and for many of them, their favorite animal is a dog. There are several Harry Potter dog names that you can consider if you want to give your new puppy a name related to these books.
In this article, we will provide you with a list of the top 20 best Harry Potter dog names. They’re going to be inspired by various characters from these books as well as magical creatures we know from ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them’.
Dogs are not only pets to their owners, they are also considered as family members. Looking for the perfect name for your new furry friend? Check out these top Harry Potter dog names!
Characters Who Can Inspire Great Harry Potter Dog Names
Did you just get a new puppy, and you’re looking for Harry Potter dog names? Are you wondering what Harry Potter dog names would be appropriate for your pet?
If the answer is yes, then this article is dedicated to you! I am going to list some of the best Harry Potter dog names that were inspired by Harry Potter.
- Sirius – He is Harry’s godfather. The character itself will surely make people remember Harry Potter. His black furry coat is also suitable for any breed of dogs, especially those with dark fur like husky or german shepherd.
- Remus – Remus was just a good friend of Harry, he named his second son after him. Lupin is one of the three Marauders, along with Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew. This name is good for those who want a more laid-back dog.
- Dobby – The house elf that served the Malfoy family but decided to help Harry Potter in the second book. This Harry Potter dog name will perfectly fit for hyper and active dogs because it sounds very similar to “dobbie.”
- Severus Snape – He was a professor of Potions in Hogwarts, he had always been grumpy and harsh on students, but there are some people who consider him as a hero for Harry Potter fans. There are still debates if Snape is truly good or bad. This name is perfect for those who want a mysterious dog.
- Hagrid – Hagrid is a half-giant and the gamekeeper of Hogwarts. He has a big heart and he loves Harry. He is one of the main characters in HP and if you find a large dog, this name will fit perfectly.
- Hermione – She is considered Harry’s best friend and also his love interest at one point. She is both brave and intelligent student that helped Harry defeat Lord Voldemort. This name is for those who want a female dog and is also perfect for studious dog owners.
- Ron – He is Harry’s best friend, who started to become irritable with harry because of Hermione’s growing affection for harry towards the end of the series. This name will fit for dogs that have an orange or ginger fur.
- Albus Dumbledore – The headmaster of Hogwarts and one of the most powerful wizards in the world. He is a great mentor to Harry, and he always provides harry with good advice. This name is for those who want a more classic dog name.
- Lord Voldemort – The evil Dark wizard who killed Harry’s parents and tried to kill Harry when he was just a baby. His name must never be uttered, but if you want a bold name for your dog, this will surely fit.
- James – Harry’s father, who died while protecting harry from Voldemort. He was one of the most popular students in Hogwarts and was a Chaser for the Gryffindor Quidditch team. This name is good for athletic dogs.
These are just a few examples to give you an idea on what Harry Potter dog name to use. There are also other characters and creatures that you can use as inspiration for Harry Potter dog names. Also Read – No Pull Dog Harness For Large Dogs
Harry Potter Dog Names Inspired By Magical Creatures
- Billywig: This whimsical name is perfect for a playful pup.
- Fang: The perfect name for a big, scary dog.
- Aragog: For a large and lumbering dog.
- Hedwig: A fitting name for any snowy white pup.
- Crookshanks: A mischievous choice for a naughty puppy.
- Grawp: Perfect for a giant dog who loves to play rough.
- Fawkes: An elegant name for an aristocratic pup.
- Dobby: For a feisty and determined dog.
- Buckbeak: A regal choice for a pup with a noble spirit.
- Sirius: After the brave and heroic Black Dog.
Do you have a favorite Harry Potter dog name?